Basic Library Research: Objectives of this Guide
In order to be successful with your research assignment, you should be able to do the following:
- Starting from a broad research topic, narrow the topic to write a research question.
- Pick out the key concepts from your research topic or question and compile a list of search terms or keywords.
- Understand the differences between information found on the open Web versus through the library, related to content, organization, quality, and access.
- Find relevant books on your topic from the library's collection, using the library catalog, and record all relevant citation information.
- Find relevant articles on your topic from the library's article databases and record all relevant citation information.